Friday, February 25, 2011

I BROKE A CHILDREN'S HEART

Dear Lance and Sam,

It's really nice seeing you again yesterday. Actually I never would like to see you again because I know that it will make me miss you and doubt my decision. It hurts like hell hearing your questions why I have to leave you behind. What hurts me more is when I saw your almost-teary eyed Lance. It broke my heart when I heard your cracking voice that wanted to burst into tears. I asked myself this question while I am looking at you: How could I broke your precious little hearts? But I have to do this! If only I could make you understand why I have to leave you hanging especially this time that you both will have your final examinations soon. I'm sad that there are things you still couldn't understand. But then, I don't want you to view life as harsh nor unfair because I want you to always believe that life is great because life is indeed beautiful.
You have been special to me. You have taught me more than what I have coached you. Both of you helped me reached again to my inner child inside and made me feel the youth within me. I was able to play and to imagine wildly again just like when I was your age. You helped me understand why children has this huge trust that everything will go well. Being with you feels like I'm carefree as a wind. You also taught me the importance of keeping a promise since you wouldn't stopped bugging me until I kept my word. I really wanted to thank you for helping me re-gain my confidence and helping me re-learn the basic things I already forgotten a long long time. It's like I'm playing "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" when you are asking me things that I couldn't remember that served as a challenge for me to do my homework.
I never really thought of being a teacher. It has never been my thing. I never wanted a title of "teacher" before my first name. And honestly, I'm never been fond of kids, but you are different because you made me one. You have unleashed something inside that I never thought existed. There are times when I wanted to quit especially when you are having tantrums Lance. I don't have any idea how to pacify you and sometimes Sam is imitating how you have your tantrums. Well I'm glad that I didn't quit  that early because I will not have the chance to know you better. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life and your education. I'm hoping that you will bring with you everything that I have taught you. I hope that this will not be the last time that I will see you. I'm hoping that you will still remember me when you grow up.

I love you both and I will surely miss you!:)

-Teacher Avs-

No comments: