Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TO IMPRESS OR NOT

MARCH 11 2011
this will be the day where i will have the chance to meet one of my favorite local author. i've been looking up to him and at the same time he also influenced me through his write-ups. i already read most of his books. in fact, i already stayed the whole day at powerbooks in megamall (when it was still huge and comfy) just to finish one of his books. some of his books are pricey and i could not afford buying it. but it's really worth the price. (*sigh*) it will be a great pleasure for me to meet him. meeting him is like meeting a star. it will be an overwhelming scene for me.
the thing is, i will meet him because he will be the one who will interview me, i mean everything depends on him whether or not i will get the job. so if you are in my shoes, how will you feel that your favorite author will be the one sitting across and asking you questions? i really cannot imagine seeing him that near most especially being my interviewer. i feel like i would faint that day. i would remember how i used to answer some of the things written in his books in one of my job interview before and that really saved me! but how will i use his own principalities to answer his questions? i will literally fool myself if i do that.
he has been good in throwing advices in the workplace. he got this genuine sincerity that made him a good leader and a good manager all at the same time. it's a humongous credible points for him. and mind you, every  company knows him and they kept his schedule so tight. every big company loves to have him talk into their crowds to hear his tips to stay motivated and give their biggest shot to be an effective worker. on the other hand, he also concentrate more to those who run the company (i'm pertaining to the bosses). he believes that the "boss" can make or break a soul of a talented worker.
how on earth will i impress him?! yeah, i'm sounding so ridiculous because i know i have to be natural. i don't need to impress him by going beyond what i am. but i'm scared that i won't be able to answer him directly. what if i stutter? what if my grammar got disastrous? i got to get rid of this negative thoughts before it swallow me. i really can't imagine meeting him and talking with him. my heart is pounding and i'm really amazed by what may happen on me that day.

No comments: